- - - - - WMAQ NBC Chicago

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Daybreak

Daybreak

Primary Anchor

• Members
  • 325 posts

Well I knew this was coming ever since Michelle Relerford (more than likely replacing her) kept filling in on the weekend. Sound off below. 

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/after-16-years-at-wmaq-kim-vatis-leaving-for-new-adventures_b107116

Loved the Early Show from the Harry Smith, Dave Price, Maggie Rodriguez era. (2008-2010)

jase

jase

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 377 posts

My money is on Michelle. 

24994J

24994J

Chief Meteorologist

• Members
  • 2,231 posts
  • LocationHinsdale, Illinois

Feder had a write-up the other day saying that it's between 4 current reporters, but they might hire from the outside if they're not thrilled with the internal candidates (but I think that's highly unlikely). It's between Relerford, Emily Florez, Lauren Petty and Susan Carlson right now. I doubt it'd be Florez, for I don't think she's even full-time yet, and I haven't seen her anchor. Petty, despite filling in several times, doesn't strike me as the anchor type. Carlson is the least likely candidate, as she already has her M-F job on Roe & Roeper on WLS-AM. Hardly she is going to do long lengths of anchoring on her 2 days off. Relerford seems like the best option, for sure.

When It Matters To YOU, It Matters To US...Otherwise, We Don't Give A SHIT

cbs2worksforyou

cbs2worksforyou

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 198 posts

I'd like to see Susan Carlson get the job. She already worked 7 days a week at WBBM before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WMAQ, NBC Chicago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users