Fred Roggin

FiveNews

I was watching KTLA this morning (as per usual) during the fire coverage. I was flipping thru the channels and could have sworn I heard lead sports anchor Fred Roggin co-anchoring Today in LA with Michelle Valles. Did anyone else see this?

I was watching NBC 4's coverage too, and the fire was in my area as well, so we pretty much watched it wall to wall until it was no longer a threat. During the fire coverage, I was impressed by how much Roggin was involved in the human element of the story, as the interview he made with a well-known local realtor who lost his home showed a man who did well with identifying with and consoling the dispossessed individual (who ironically, will wind up either buying a house or building it instead of selling.)

P.S: I was just two blocks from the evac. zone, and yet due to the rapid rate of spread of the Colby Fire that my folks and I were observing once it really started cranking, we wound up a few steps from self-evacuating even in spite of that!! It was just that frightening!! Needless to say, the 16th will be one of the most memorable my family and I have experienced in quite a while.

Archived