• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

jerseyfla

jerseyfla

Investigative Reporter

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Is he ever going to recognize this open and theme from WTVF Nashville?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EKCTcfFmcpw

The Spirit of Tampa Bay!

Weeters

Weeters

Station Group CEO

• Administrators
  • 2,099 posts

Anybody noticing certain clips just won't play? For example, the KGO NS2000 opens and some of the other KGO opens never load for me.

Not sure if it's an issue with the site or with Firefox 17. Most stuff plays, but I've had past situations where some audio in HTML5 sites never loads. Do the KGO NS2000 opens load for any of you?

The file the player is trying to load doesn't exist.

3P41b.png

speed053

speed053

Reporter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalumet City, IL

It feels like it's another SouthernMedia NMSA Archive!

Tom Tucker

Tom Tucker

Weekend Anchor

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Hahahh -- Congressman Bill BONER. :awesome: :party: :rofl!:

Okay, childishness aside.

WAVY 10

WAVY 10

News Director

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationHertford, NC

I'm using Firefox and it appears to be working fine.

Worked fine with me on Firefox a few days ago (on my laptop).

Anyone get this message going there on Internet Explorer?

You are currently using Internet Explorer. This site is designed to be used with Chrome, a far superior browser.
The NMSA will not behave correctly in IE because we do not want to spend the time and effort to make it work.
Therefore, please make the switch to Chrome and NEVER USE IE AGAIN!

I know that IE is not well liked among some circles (mainly due to security vulnerabilities); but I've never seen a message like this left on a site.

Been too long, but I'm back.

24994J

24994J

Chief Meteorologist

• Members
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationHinsdale, Illinois

I know that IE is not well liked among some circles (mainly due to security vulnerabilities); but I've never seen a message like this left on a site.

Well, the joke's on them, because I'm having no problems with it on IE10 (beta).

When It Matters To YOU, It Matters To US...Otherwise, We Don't Give A SHIT

bhratbrat

bhratbrat

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 490 posts

By the way the new Gannett theme has been identified as this is Home

"Every Now and then a pirate will beat a soldier." Mike Leach after the win over Texas A&M in 2006.

TennTV1983

TennTV1983

Primary Anchor

• Members
  • 797 posts

By the way the new Gannett theme has been identified as this is Home

So, Frank Gari is finally releasing new news music. Hopefully, that means we'll hear some more cuts soon.

"Eight hundred five years? That means that if I live to be eighty, I got to die and come back ten more times." - Former Birmingham, AL Mayor Larry Langford

rah6448

rah6448

Weekend Anchor

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA
It's cool to hear that new music from Gari is being released...but I'm bummed that I cannot listen to the music while in my Droid Incredible 2's browser! It turns out the new player on the NMSA does not work on my mobile phone when the old one did! Solutions, anyone?

|| Proud to be Celebrating 5 Years of Dedication to the News... ABOUT LA's News! ||

CircleSeven

CircleSeven

Managing Editor

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Well it's about damn time. Obviously they were no new Gari material last year, so this is good news. The bad news is why Gari didn't do a package for them four years prior and everyone had to hear that Rampage Music. WUSA & WCSH/WLBZ probably would've kept the Enforcer & Good News, respectively.

8Viewer

8Viewer

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 472 posts
I'd like to see closes featured on the site since most of the themes have an open posted. "Newsbeat" used by WFAA has a really elaborate close and would love to hear it with the better audio.

WTSP-TV  |  St. Petersburg-Tampa

8Viewer

8Viewer

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 472 posts
Some nice discoveries recently: KCRG used "Tuesday C" and WTAR used "Part of Your Life".

Raymie

Raymie

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

The Phoenix stuff is impressive. KPNX was going through an...interesting image change in 1992, that's for sure. Plus, Scott Chapin on KPHO—last year he returned to Phoenix TV doing voiceover work for KNXV (we knew he did KPHO but didn't have an open for it in the NMSA).

Have you ever heard of a wish sandwich? A wish sandwich is the kind of a sandwich where you have two slices of bread and you...WISH you had some meat!

WAVY 10

WAVY 10

News Director

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationHertford, NC

(For example, take a listen to WAVY 1985, it blew me away.)

I saw the comment and decided to listen to the WAVY 1985 theme; and you're right. It sounds amazing!

Been too long, but I'm back.

8Viewer

8Viewer

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 472 posts
I am surprised we still don't know who composed the WAVY 1985 theme. I would guess Tuesday Prod since it sounds like their style.

Raymie

Raymie

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

It's VTS.

Have you ever heard of a wish sandwich? A wish sandwich is the kind of a sandwich where you have two slices of bread and you...WISH you had some meat!

TServo2049

TServo2049

Reporter

• Members
  • 114 posts

Raymie is right; I've talked with VTS founder Hal Brown over the phone and e-mail, I even sang a couple bars of the promo song, and he confirmed it.

KENS 1980s and WGHP 1984 were also VTS' work. Hal said WGHP 1984 was called "Newscore", but I'm not sure what KENS 1980s' title was. KENS 1980s sounds like it might be related to a promo song they used around 1984 with the slogan "Clearly the One." Another part of the theme seems to be based on a motif heard in the long close of an earlier VTS package "News 80s", which WGHP used before "Newscore". (NMSA lists WGHP as having used KENS 1980s, probably because of that motif, but News 80s and KENS 1980s otherwise sound to have nothing in common, so I'm thinking that WGHP really only used News 80s.)

I sent all this info to NMSA when I first learned it; it's obviously up to him to decide whether to ever add the info.

8Viewer

8Viewer

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 472 posts
Great info on VTS. I wonder if "WDAF 1987 News Theme" is another one of their themes.

TServo2049

TServo2049

Reporter

• Members
  • 114 posts

That's the one some of us theorized might be Silvertree. Their old website listed both WDAF and WWTV as past clients.

Ntropolis

Ntropolis

News Director

• Forum Contributor
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern NC

It's VTS.

Raymie is right; I've talked with VTS founder Hal Brown over the phone and e-mail, I even sang a couple bars of the promo song, and he confirmed it.

Is this referring to the WAVY 1985 theme?

The singers in the "You're Covered" promo sound very similar to the ones in VTS' "Count on 13" song for WLOS

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=o9Sm_4vuXok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users