ABC's Saturday Night Schedule Question: 9/8/12

24994J

In an apparent instance of poor scheduling, ABC's NASCAR broadcast tonight is scheduled from 7e/6c (pre-race) to 10:30e/9:30c. Instead of giving the affiliates a half hour at 7/6, like they normally would, they appear to be giving that time back after the race. So, if everything goes on schedule (it probably won't) WLS, and most likely the other ABC O&O stations will be having 1.5 hours of late news tonight :bang: ...where does this make sense and what are other stations scheduling (obviously this is Eastern and Central markets only)?

In an apparent instance of poor scheduling, ABC's NASCAR broadcast tonight is scheduled from 7e/6c (pre-race) to 10:30e/9:30c. Instead of giving the affiliates a half hour at 7/6, like they normally would, they appear to be giving that time back after the race. So, if everything goes on schedule (it probably won't) WLS, and most likely the other ABC O&O stations will be having 1.5 hours of late news tonight :bang: ...where does this make sense and what are other stations scheduling (obviously this is Eastern and Central markets only)?

WPVI is doing a half hour newscast tonight after the race. Why would a station run an hour and a half newscast tonight? I think you may have misread something somewhere.

WPVI is doing a half hour newscast tonight after the race. Why would a station run an hour and a half newscast tonight? I think you may have misread something somewhere.

Well, WLS has news scheduled for 9:30, and then a full hour at 10...therefore an hour and a half tonight. Apparently it's just Chicago, but my DVR is agreeing with their website.

See for yourself...

http://abclocal.go.c...ings&id=5755533

Well, WLS has news scheduled for 9:30, and then a full hour at 10...therefore an hour and a half tonight. Apparently it's just Chicago, but my DVR is agreeing with their website.

See for yourself...

http://abclocal.go.c...ings&id=5755533

yeah it must just be in your market..here in NY they have football 3:30-7 Nascar Countdown 7-7:30 and the actual race at 7:30-11 and 11-12 Eyewitness News..I'm not sure but if they can I would imagine that WABC is going to pre-empt Nascar Countdown and do the News at 7 because we have been having severe weather here today and are under numerous warnings for the remainder of the night.

Archived