WISH-TV's new graphics

Mrtraveler01

To me these graphics almost look like they were done in-house. The black "web 2.0" gradient texture on boxes is from a free Photoshop styles kit easily searched online. The CBS/8 logo looks like they just used the new Grayscalegorilla "Transform" plugin.

Outside that, the proportions on a lot of the stuff are also a bit out of whack (logo vs/ time/temp, overly-large second line of text), and I'm not sure what's going on with the lower third animation. Once they're done sliding into place they either pop up or down a couple fields randomly.

Some of the cheesy animations remind me of VDO's work for some reason. I may be going out on a limb, but this package borrows a lot of ideas from WBZ's previous graphics package, if not only for the condensed L3's but the quick open/rejoin. Its not a bad package, but considering that WISH has done better in terms of new graphics, this new pack is a little underwhelming. The music though, very interesting and not too bad. I wish there was a longer cut, but could it be 615 Music?

Some of the cheesy animations remind me of VDO's work for some reason. I may be going out on a limb, but this package borrows a lot of ideas from WBZ's previous graphics package, if not only for the condensed L3's but the quick open/rejoin. Its not a bad package, but considering that WISH has done better in terms of new graphics, this new pack is a little underwhelming. The music though, very interesting and not too bad. I wish there was a longer cut, but could it be 615 Music?

They've been doing the quick rejoin for a while now...

24 Hour News....what is this, 1991?

Along with WISH, WOOD in Grand Rapids, KCRG in Cedar Rapids and KFDX in Wichita Falls still use the "24 Hour News Source/Service" branding.

Anyway, I like the graphics. They look very good.

• 1 month later...

Archived