WPIX

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

TellyGenic

TellyGenic

Managing Editor

• Members
  • 507 posts
There's always Linda Church in her bikini, morning noon and night!
"What the f**k are YOU doing?" - Sue Simmons

nynewslover

nynewslover

Primary Anchor

• Members
  • 889 posts
Just saw on their website that Direct TV has lost PIX 11

NYNews

NYNews

News Director

• Members
  • 899 posts
Indeed, I see the following message when I turn to WPIX:

"The owner of this channel has unfortunately forced DIRECTV to temporarily remove it from your line-up despite our repeated requests to keep it on. While we regret their decision, typically disruptions of this sort last a very short time."

NYNews

NYNews

News Director

• Members
  • 899 posts
WPIX back on DirecTV.

IceManNYR

IceManNYR

News Director

• Members
  • 1,399 posts
Does anyone know if WPIX uses a 7 second delay on the 8am hour of the newscast?
I've been noticing on FiOS just before the show ends the video jumps forward as if they are going out of delay and we miss a few seconds on the show.

NYNews

NYNews

News Director

• Members
  • 899 posts
NY Daily News reports that WPIX has ended their helicopter sharing deal with WCBS and has since leased their own helicopter.

NYNews

NYNews

News Director

• Members
  • 899 posts
What is WPIX's fascination with pastel colors? First the studio, then the graphics, now in commercials (especially for the morning news). I thought the pastel colors used in the morning news commercial were for Easter, but they're still using them. It looks terrible.

tvknowledge

tvknowledge

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 164 posts
Tom Zweier, a Shadow/Metro traffic alum has been hired for Air11 for both morning and evening newscasts.
So PIX has entered the chopper wars again.
I've heard that name for years and he always sounded very good on radio. I believed he subbed on NBC4 for a few months. Good pickup for PIX.

Craig Allen is now on the website so is likely full time now. Another good pick up to bolster their weather team

Kerry Drew is likely no longer with PIX. I saw her reporting on Fox 5

NYNews

NYNews

News Director

• Members
  • 899 posts
Edited: Nevermind.

nynewslover

nynewslover

Primary Anchor

• Members
  • 889 posts
Besides their anchors it doesn't seem like PIX has any full time people.. People there last a few months and they bring in a new round of reporters.. It's so dumb cause their news content sucks and the people are always being moved around.. Atleast if they stuck with the same people viewers would watch and get used to the reporters.

NBC89

NBC89
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Pix 11 is looking to hire a morning anchor. Idk who is leaving pix. It says on tribune careers that is we're I got it from.

IceManNYR

IceManNYR

News Director

• Members
  • 1,399 posts
Jodi mentioned that WPIX won the award for best 10pm newscast from the New York State Broadcasters Association.

RGSJenkins

RGSJenkins

Managing Editor

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationBronx, NY

Jodi mentioned that WPIX won the award for best 10pm newscast from the New York State Broadcasters Association.

What the hell were they smoking?

NYNews

NYNews

News Director

• Members
  • 899 posts
I'm not a fan of WPIX graphics, but their breaking news ticker used in today's weather alerts are not bad, nice and clean. Whereas others stations looks bulky and out of sync.

TexasTVNews

TexasTVNews

Primary Anchor

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
Vince DeMentri out at WPIX, now lands at WICS/Springfield.
http://www.mediabist...t-or-two_b62068

With Coverage You Can Count On, In The Spirit of Texas. This is 6 Eyewitness News Nightbeat at Ten.

anchorman93

anchorman93

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationnyc
Debra Alfarone jumps ship for WUSA in DC
http://www.mediabist...gton-d-c_b68422.

TellyGenic

TellyGenic

Managing Editor

• Members
  • 507 posts
Former "Survivor" contestant and local news anchor Jeff Varner just landed an anchor spot in North Carolina. TV Spy's report says he came from WPIX - I don't ever recall seeing him on-air. Does anyone else?
http://www.mediabist...g-anchor_b63662
"What the f**k are YOU doing?" - Sue Simmons

tvknowledge

tvknowledge

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 164 posts

Their website is apparently in the process of being updated. New home page. Weather page has new interactive and updating features. It looks similar to a Tribune type template and is definitely better than what they had. Nice to see all shows broadcast from the studio except for the top 11 at 10. The Sandy special from the anchors and reporters was solid. Word is there is another Sandy special in production from the weather team. I think they've made some good fast paced changes in look and news coverage over the past few weeks and with the coming switches next week, it'll probably improve even more. Seems like recent news events have given them the kick in the butt to compete.

IceManNYR

IceManNYR

News Director

• Members
  • 1,399 posts

WPIX made two small changes to the 10pm newscast tonight.

The desk used at 5pm and weekends was replaced with the anchor standing behind a small glass table.

They added the news scroll to the bottom of the screen and all it's doing is promoting how to contact WPIX via WPIX.com, e-mail and social media.

tvknowledge

tvknowledge

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 164 posts

Anyone else see Ann Mercogliano on last night? She was reporting. I had no idea she had even left channel 2. I have a feeling the anchor lineups are not set yet at all. I wonder if Mercogliano will be given a chance to anchor at some point. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WPIX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users